Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Panang Curry



After I had made my favorite, I thought I should make my husband's favorite Thai dish, Panang Curry. It turned out great. I made my own curry paste, but wasn't happy with it. I had to use the whole paste instead of the said amount in the recipe, which was only 1 tsp. I will try another recipe for the paste so the taste is stronger.

Panang Curry 
Adapted from Keo's Thai Cuisine 
Chicken Breast, cut in small pieces, 2 
Oil, 1/4 C 
Garlic paste, 2 tsp 
Musamun Curry Paste, 2 tsp 
Kaffir Lime Leaves, julienned, 6 
Coconut milk, 2 C Palm Sugar, 2 T 
Fish Sauce, 2T 
Peanut Butter, 1/4 C 
Thai eggplant, 2 C 
Potato, 1, chopped 
Sweet Basil, julienned, for garnish 
Lime, 1, for garnish 
Peanuts, chopped, 1/4 C 

Heat oil then add garlic paste and curry paste. When the paste bubbles, add the chicken, kaffir lime leaves, coconut milk, palm sugar, and peanut butter. Stir well and cook for 3 minutes. Add the eggplant and potato, cook until the meat and vegetables are halfway cooked, then add the peas. Cook the curry until all ingredients are cooked through and the oil separates from the curry. Garnish with sweet basil and serve with steamed rice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment